Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 2 April 2007

Rollercoaster of emotions

Wow! What a weekend! My emotions were in a constant state of motion: up, down, up the whole time.

UP
I knew it was very early to POAS, so I knew that to have any chance of a BFP it would have to be morning pee. So on Saturday morning when I woke & needed the bathroom at 6a.m., I woke my (so-not-a-morning-person-husband) and with shaking hand and trembling fingers undid the package and dipped the stick in!

Two and a half minutes later I realised that I was starting to get a second line (!) so called bleary-eyed hubby who confirmed that he could make out a faint line. He wasn't fully convinced even though the instructions said that if there was the faintest hint of a line, it is still positive.

I was pretty excited and couldn't go back to sleep so spent the whole morning reading What to expect when you're expecting.

DOWN
Saturday was also the wedding of one of my best friends, so we were all dressed up and about to walk out the door when I went to the bathroom and saw some blood. Not a lot of blood, but enough to horrify me.

I spent the whole wedding in and out of the bathroom checking if any more came. Over the whole day only about 1 teaspoon came out, I know it wasn't much but I kept worrying that the next time I went there would be heaps more.

I managed to get a little sleep that night and when we woke, hubby asked if I wanted to see my doctor to put my mind at ease. So were rushed off (as she finished at 12.00 that day) and were stuck in typical Melbourne traffic until my nerves were a wreck!

UP
The doctor told us not to worry, that a positive is a positive but that she would do a blood test and call on Monday. I asked if she would also do a POAS test and, as lovely as she is, agreed. Again her test was faint, but still positive!

I still can't believe it actually happened in the first month of actually trying. I do feel guilty knowing how many women in the world have to go through so much pain just trying to get a positive. But I am trying to turn that emotion into just being grateful, because I think the worst respect I can show to everyone is not being grateful for this gift.

Still waiting on the doctor to call to make me triple positive sometime today.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you both!!!!
How exciting.

I must tell you, many women bleed when pg. And as frightening as it is , it is not that uncommon.
I have two gf who while pg bled every month right when their period would be due.

When I was pg with Zak I never had any bleeding but every month when I WOULD have been due I would get those horrible period pains in my back.

I guess what I'm saying is don't panic if you do bleed. But make sure if you are at all worried EVER go to your Dr. I think being worried about it is sometimes worse for you than the bleeding.

Huge big fat baby hugs!
xxx

Anns said...

Wow --- congratulations you little bunnies, I'm thrilled to know that there's someone that'll be joining me.. we'll be bump-buddies!

Have you figured out a due date yet?
I'm definately keeping a close eye on you...

Good luck Mommie!!

Anns xo