Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 16 April 2007

Worry

Although my emotions have been roller-coasting a lot of late, one thing has not changed: worry.

I really want to relax and enjoy this experience, but I am so worried by every little pain that I am robbing myself of the enjoyment.

I have not have my first real doctor visit yet, I am scheduled for the GP on Wednesday who will take me though hospital options and book me in for an ultrasound. I can't wait for the ultrasound, until then, I can't rest easy.

Late night I woke up experiencing a rather sharp paid in my lower abdominal on the left side. It was mild though and I probably wouldn't have even noticed ti if I wasn't pregnant (and thus worried).

I still have a little nagging pain there now but I can't decide if it is all in my head or not! Worry, worry, worry.

In other news, by normally flat stomach has decided that gas and constipation have made it impossible to be flat any longer. I had to go out on my lunch break and buy some maternity pants for work. I don't really need maternity ones, just going up a size would have been fine, but I figure that these ones will stick around for the long haul if they are maternity style.

2 comments:

Emmakirst said...

I completely understand what you are going through. I analyze anything that normally wouldn't be worrisome whatsoever but now that I'm pregnant, every slight cramp or twinge I'm running to the bathroom to see if any spotting. i sure wish for a moment I could relax and enjoy.

Anns said...

Wow, this is just too weird - I was complaining to "Dad" last night about a sharp, stabbing pain in my abdomen as well... almost like a cramp... we are just totally synched in with each other I guess!

Good luck on Wed - my first appt is also on Wednesday so here's hoping we both get fabulous news.

xo Anns