Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 23 April 2007

Heartbeat so sweet

Left work early on Friday to have our first ultrasound. I was so nervous. I kept dreaming through the week that there were problems with our baby and other times I would dream that there were actually two babies, then again that there four!

So after a lot of stress I am pleased to say that there is one little baby in me and it is growing inside a yolk sac in the correct position and measures 6 weeks. We had been counting six weeks 4 days on Friday, but I am told at this early stage it is easy for them to be off by a little, so I am not too worried about a few days difference.

The best part was that (while doing an internal ultrasound) they were able to point out pudding's heartbeat! It was amazing. It was beating at 120 bmp.

So I guess there are some things worth all this morning sickness for.

4 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Isn't it the best thing in the world??? Congrats!

Emmakirst said...

Yay congrats on little pudding :)

Anns said...

congrats hun - I'm so happy to know you're doing well... anns xo

Brenda said...

I'm so happy for you that your scan went well.
I cant wait to hear what you think of the 12 week scan. There is such a big difference. You will be shocked!

Thanks for your post checking up on me. :)

Hugs
xxx