Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Friday 20 April 2007

My cuppa addiction

My Philippine born husband often used to roll his eyes in exasperation at the amount of tea that I, as a (British heritage) Australian, would drink. As soon as we started TTC I switched to decaf tea – which suited me fine, wasn’t quite as strong and not as delicious, but I was happy nonetheless.

Now the thought of a cup of tea makes me fell completely ill.

What is the world coming to?!

2 comments:

Anns said...

Funny, I had some friends here from London recently that drove me CRAZY with the tea drinking!

I'm sorry to hear it's making you woozy -- have you tried a different flavor? I don't usually partake in tea but if there's peppermint tea around I might indulge.

Hope you find a good substitute if not.

xo Anns

Brenda said...

Firstly I just want to say be very careful what tea you drink when pg. Peppermint and Raspberry Leaf tea are linked to m/c. Raspberry tea is actually used in the last couple of months before giving birth to help' bring on labor'.
Its the peppermint oil that is linked to m/c. While some peppermint teas are fine there is no way of knowing the strength of the peppermint in each tea and I was told by my Dr and the chemist to stay away from it.

I stopped drinking coffee while i tried to get pg but i have to say as soon as I was pg i craved coffee like you wouldnt believe.

I did however go off ice-cream and choc. 2 of my fav things. ice-cream smelt like old meat and choc was waxy. lol

hugs
xxx