Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Thursday 5 April 2007

Strangnesses I've noticed

Just thought I'd document for future reference some of the things I have noticed in the short week I have known myself to be 'with child':

1. I am so, so sleepy.
2. I have slight soreness and sensitivity in my breasts - but strangely only one has grown and become quite firm while the other is normal (except the montgomery glands which have materialised on both).
3. I need to pee every hour of the day. Luckily not too much at night, but maybe because that is because I am careful not to drink too much liquid after work hours.
4. I check my underwear at each bathroom visit - I am so concerned that the spotting will come back or, worse, this will all be a cruel joke and I will actually get my period late.
5. I have been trying to eat all the daily food requirements, but it is so much harder than you'd think. I am normally quite a health freak anyway, but this is ridiculous!
6. My belly is really itchy - is this a normal experience of pregnancy or something unrelated?
7. I have started to waddle - I know it is way too early for that and I haven't even put on any weight, but I am still acting as though I am full blown pregnant! Plus, I am sticking my belly out - or at least no longer holding it firm.
8. I get quite teary at strange things. Not that abnormal for me, I am not a stranger to a cry at an emotional movie or book, but this is at almost random things.
9. I caress my belly when no one is watching, I just love the though of my baby being in there so much.
10. I think the pregnancy is finally sinking in with us; my husband has started putting his face close to my belly and talking to our little 'baby love'.

1 comment:

Anns said...

"Baby Love" -- too sweet! Glad to hear we're on the same track with the symptoms - funny that one boob reacts differently to the other right? I'm thinking that within the next week or two we'll both be in full blown symptom territory... can't wait!!!

Anns xo