Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Friday 27 July 2007

Update

I am so lazy! It has been ages since writing down what has been happening in this pregnancy journal. Happily, this is mostly because things have been pretty pleasant and smooth. Some milestones/events:

* After patiently waiting night after night with his hand on my belly, my husband felt a good strong kick from Pudding. It was the largest one I have felt to date, so he was very lucky! Admittedly, it did occur after I had eaten a large serve of melted cooking chocolate (just had a craving for chocolate and it was all that was in the house!).
· We had our first midwife appointment with the family birthing suite. All went well, except when she tried to hear Pudding’s heartbeat through the Doppler and couldn’t find it for about 20 minutes – I think my heart was standing still for a good 10 minutes. She finally called in another midwife who pocked and prodded and found Pudding hiding behind the placenta. Cheeky little thing!
· I finally got a haircut. I was so ashamed of walking into my salon considering the state of my hair that I wore it tied back and wouldn’t remove the tie until I explained to my hairdresser why my hair was so horrible (‘I got pregnant and haven’t been to the hairdresser since’).
· We went to a musical over the weekend (Sweet Charity) and I think Pudding loved it; especially the part when everyone applauded – Pudding must have been trying to applaud with us judging by the movement I was feeling.
· My belly is growing daily, yesterday I noticed I could no longer do up the top two buttons of my overcoat (the bottom one had not been done up in about a month). It’s ok, the worst of winter is behind us now!

OK, think that sums it up. Must remember to be more diligent in recording this pregnancy as I am already over halfway and I think the rest will go by just as fast!

20 weeks 4 days

1 comment:

Alison said...

When do we get to she pictures of your belly? *love* pregnant bellies!