Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 2 July 2007

Food glorious food

I don't know if it is 'normal' but I have started getting even hungrier than normal.

Pre-pregnancy I always had breakfast (2 slices of toast with Vegemite) as soon as I woke up, and then 'twoosies': my second breakfast (4 weet-bix with milk and a piece of fruit) just after getting into work.

This no longer satisfies me until lunch time. So I have taken to having 4 slices of toast when I wake up in the morning! Overkill? Maybe, but it is better than attacking the cookie jar at work at 11.30 a.m. when I can't stand waiting for lunch any longer!

Many people ask me about my cravings during pregnancy - I haven't have any crazy ones like books and movies seem to portray (does anyone have them? Let me know if you have/had some good ones). But I am addicted to 3 things:

1. orange juice - I could happily drink 3 litres a day if it weren't so expensive (I always liked O.J. especially when I had a hang over pre-pregnancy, it was the only thing that would make me feel better again)
2. eggs - I just love them any time of the day!
3. grainy bread - goes well with the eggs.

See, they are all pretty normal things to like. Not exactly 'ice-cream and pickles' though is it?!

17 weeks today

4 comments:

Nina said...

Canned peaches (in own juice not the syrup kind) with Milano salami. Gross? Oh well, I think the sweetness of the peaches and the saltiness of the salami just match perfectly :-S....right now....normally I'd say it is just gross.

17 weeks = wonderful.

Emmakirst said...

Ohhh, with this baby I crave orange juice too, also sour candy. The odd time I'll just really want some type of takeout, like popcorn chicken! YUM! but that may be more of a want than anything. I used to crave lemon meringue pies when I was pregnant with my 3rd child.

Brenda said...

I LOVED choc milk and wet juicy fruit!
Couldn't eat my fav food - ice cream as it smelt like sausages and i found choc was waxy! lol

Hugs
xxx

Kirsten said...

Both my pregnancies were different, except for the aversion to chicken and the nausea all 9 months.

With Goldie it was sour candy and soda pop. With Ruby, chinese food and fruit and water. And they were BOTH girls! Go figure.

Also, Thank you so much for reading my blog. It is so very nice to meet you and read yours too!