Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Thursday 5 July 2007

Aches, pains and twitches

I always knew that having a child would be painful, but had no idea that growing a child would be too.

My abdomen constantly has aches and pains not dissimilar to premenstrual pain. Thought I'd gotten myself out of that kind of pain for a good 9 months - obviously not!

The newest abdomen feeling started last week when I was at the cinemas. I started to get a twitch, like the annoying kind you might get in your eye when you are over tired.

But I have never had a twitch in my uterus before.

After careful examination I have deduced that it is in fact my little one kicking/punching me to let me know he/she is having fun in there.

At least this twitch is adorable rather than annoying!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Just wait until "adorable twitch" Turns into "Please don't kick my spleen" Isn't babymaking charming!

Amy Anderson said...

I love the twitches!

Brenda said...

Yup, you are feeling bub wiggle and jiggle! Enjoy!!!!

Hugs
xxx

Emmakirst said...

Yay for twitches!

twirl said...

YAY! The twitching/poking/kicking IS pretty cool.