Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Tuesday 10 July 2007

A shopping trip is in order

Happily, my belly is growing daily and I am starting to struggle to find any of my previous clothes I can fit into. I have a small selection of maternity wear that I will have to add to soon.

My lovely husband bought me a beautiful maternity dress to wear to my Mum’s 50th last weekend. The ladies in the shop told him it would flatter my newly found breasts and accentuate my growing bump. And boy, did it do what it was supposed to! I went from being a little rounded in the waist to looking like I had swallowed a basketball!

It was nice. My Mum was happy, she keeps telling me how ‘respectable’ my bump is and she wanted to show it off to all the guests at her birthday.

I am very excited as I have my first hospital visit this Friday and another ultrasound next Tuesday. I am getting anxious that all is well with Pudding as it has been so long between ultrasounds, and I look forward to seeing the little mite.


18 weeks 1 day

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I am so very excited for you! Can't wait to hear what the little one is up to in there!

Emmakirst said...

I hear you about needing to buy maternity clothes, I have plenty of tops but hardly any bottoms. I need shorts especially, or something cool. I have my next u/s on Tuesday also. :)