Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Friday 3 August 2007

Ramblings

My belly has grown quite a bit over the last week. I compare myself to photos of other people at 22 weeks and I am still quite small, but I figure I had quite a lot of space for my belly to grow into. Although I was in the healthy weight range prior to becoming pregnant, I am so tall (180 cm / 6 foot) and have always had hips that could only be described as ‘child bearing’ so Pudding has lots of space without protruding too much. But now, all of a sudden I look pregnant. It is great!!

I feel our little one move regularly, especially at night after dinner until I fall asleep. My husband has started reading Enid Blyton’s “The Magic Far Away Tree” to Pudding and I as we are going to sleep, although far from calming Pudding down, I get more kicks as he reads than I do for most of the day. It feels nice though, feels like we are a little family.

I really have to start organising baby things now, we have only purchased a couple of things so far and now want to start looking at a change table which doubles as a chest of drawers and a car seat for bubs.

I have been doing research on baby car seats and I think I am going to go for the baby capsule and then get a toddler seat once they are 6 months. I can see how the ones that double as a baby capsule and then turn around to make a toddler seat make sense, however, I really think being able to lift the baby out of the car in the capsule will be a lot easier.

Anyway, these are the issues that fill my days (when I should be working!)…


21 weeks, 4 days

No comments: