Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 13 August 2007

A cousin for Pudding

I am so excited for my little unborn child as I found out over the weekend that Pudding has a little unborn cousin! After a long time trying, my husband’s sister is pregnant and due in April. She is so lucky because next month is when they were due to start IVF.

We are not supposed to know yet because she is only 5 weeks pregnant and doesn’t want to announce it, but her over-excited parents were bursting to announce the good news to us.

We went out to lunch with my husband’s parents and two little children crossed the road in front of us. They couldn’t’ help saying, “Soon that will be us with two little grandchildren” and we sort of figured it out from there since my SIL is their only other child.

I know it is only early days for her, but I am so happy. I really didn’t realise how sad I felt for Pudding that he/she wouldn’t have any little cousins to play with growing up. My siblings are far from settling down and my SIL was the only other hope. I had so much fun playing with cousins at family parties when I was young, and I was sad that it didn’t look like Pudding would get to experience that. But now I imagine Christmas and other family occasions with at least one other child and I am so excited.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely an exciting thing to see 2 new additions to the family. Of course, pudding will always be cuter - poor li'l cousin.