Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Friday 24 August 2007

Frustrated

Why did it feel like it took one month to get to my 20 week 'half-way' mark and why does it feel like 5 months since then?

I am in a bit of a frustrated state now. We have shopped for a few most of the major things for the baby's nursery; I have read ahead all the way to the end of most of my pregnancy books; I have set a date for the baby shower and my sisters are taking care of the details; everyone I know has been told that I am pregnant and we have caught up to celebrate...

Now I just want my baby to be here.

Also, quite selfishly I want my body back. I know I should be trying to enjoy this pregnancy, and for the most part I am, but is it so bad to wish my husband could 'take over' the pregnancy just every so often? Maybe just one night per week to let me sleep a whole night through.

I have started to get uncomfortable sitting for long periods and as for lying in bed at night, I have no trouble getting to sleep, but after a few hours of rest my hips ache and I just lie there waiting for morning to come so that I can stop lying down.

On the up side, only I can really feel the baby move and kick and my heart sings whenever this happens (even in the middle of the night when it keeps me from sleeping).

24 weeks 4 days

2 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

It would be nice if our partners' could share some of the load, wouldn't it?

Emmakirst said...

I would like to have my body back just for a night, I'm getting pretty damn uncomfortable as you've seen on my recent post.Scary to think there's 3 more months!