Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Friday 12 October 2007

Terrified

Am currently sitting at my kitchen table (ahh work from home!) too terrified to go outside because of an animal lurking out the front of my ground floor apartment.

Ok, maybe I exaggerate, but I seriously can't tear myself away from the window and am too scared to go outside. There is a little baby possum which seems to have decided my ground floor balcony is its new home.

That's right... a possum!!

I live in the city - what is a possum doing lurking around my house?!

Those of you from overseas may not quite understand my terror, a possum, though admittedly quite cute, is just really like a big rat. Seriously, an Australian native RAT!

A rat that it is illegal to kill/hurt/relocate even when it is in your house!!!

The cute/scary little thing keeps climbing up my window frame, presumably in an attempt to get out of the balcony as the other sides are brick... I don't know what I can do about it, I know it is scratching the crap out of the frames but I am not allowed to (read: too scared to) do anything about it.

Oh man, the things that happen when you stay at home to work (this so would not have happened in my high rise building I work in!).

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I think you should let it in!
Might be nice company for you. :)

Hugs
xxx

Dr. Grumbles said...

I hope the possum stays away from you!

Alison said...

Oh my, that is so funny!