Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 8 October 2007

Shower and christening - ROAR!

My baby shower on Saturday was lovely. My Mum and sisters had gone to such trouble, decorating the house in blue and pink ribbons and balloons, and Mum had made a table centre piece from baby nappies (diapers) and pink and blue nappy pins and dummies (pacifiers). My sisters had organised games and prizes, all baby themed of course.

It was just the girls there but then my husband came back after a couple of hours and we opened the presents together. We got lots of lovely presents from friends and family, and I spent yesterday evening playing with all the toys and folding and re-folding the new clothes!

Yesterday we went to a musical with my Mum, Grandma and MIL. Thinking back there was a funny moment when my husband called me over to the conversation because he overheard my MIL telling my Mum and Grandma to book my Grandma’s church and hall for MY baby’s Christening because she wasn’t able to book her church for Christenings!!

I had to do my best not to go into full Lioness, territorial, mode and ROAR that it was our family now and we will be choosing the church – and the RELIGION, no less (my husband and I are different religions – both Christian, but he is Catholic and I am Church of England)! I had to bite my tongue because I know that she was only doing because she cares, but I really do draw the line at someone other than us choosing our baby’s religion. It is really funny to start feeling all these territorial feelings about our new little 3 person family!

BTW, am getting really, really fat now! Just saw some pictures of myself at the baby shower and I almost don’t recognise myself! I feel ‘normal’ until I see photos and then I get a shock! LOL, oh well, only 9 more weeks of growing and then I hope to start shirking back to my former self!


31 weeks!

1 comment:

Alison said...

9 more weeks!!! Holy cow, it seems like it went fast. Any names picked out yet?