Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 15 October 2007

Possum update

I think an Australian of the year award is in order - for my humanitarian work (towards possums - not humans).

On Friday I finally got brave and... wait for it... you will be amazed by my bravery... I quickly opened the front door, ran to the side of the balcony and put a broom over the side so that the little one could climb up it and escape (what it was escaping to I have no idea - city traffic perhaps?).

Of course as soon as it escaped (it took it about 15 minutes to figure out what to do) I was hit with the realisation that rats could sneak through small holes - maybe possums could too. So I boarded up my front door just in case. Yes I boarded up my door to escape from a 10 cm possum.

So guys, start the nominations coming for Australian of the year!

BTW, I have my first birthing class tonight - looking forward to eating out with my husband (we haven't really been out to dinner alone since I fell pregnant) and then meeting other pregnant women in the same stages as me.

32 weeks 2 days

No comments: