Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Tuesday 20 March 2007

It's only the beggining...

(and I've already gone and lost my mind)

My husband and I got married two months ago in a beautiful (Australian) summer garden ceremony. We then enjoyed a wonderful month long honeymoon in South East Asia.

We had lived together for 5 years before getting married and we knew we wanted children quite soon. Our formal line was that I would stop taking the contraceptive pill halfway through the honeymoon and we would just see what happened. 'We'll let God decide when we will be gifted with a baby'. I was so sure that we really believed this.

Then, imagine my surprise when we got back from honeymoon and I was devastated by my period. Deep down I guess I had thought it would just happen while we were on holidays and we could return home and start the 'happily ever after' part.

It is now mid way through my next cycle and I would like to believe a lot of that naivety has been knocked out of me in the last few weeks. I now know about having sex at certain times of my cycle, how to tell when I am ovulating and many more things that seem a lifetime away from glorious honeymoon-sex.

I am now force-feeding my husband with sex, checking my discharge and scanning fertility website every chance I get. Recently I stumbled across this little blogging community of TTC women.

It makes me wonder how this blog will progress... Will I soon be proudly displaying my pregnancy countdown ticker followed by photos of our baby... or is this the beginning of an epic TTC journey like so many women are enduring all over the world?

I guess that is something only God knows.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I wish you all the luck in the world.
I hope you get pg soon. My only advice is ...... if 6 months down the track you are still not pg, got to your GP and fib! Tell him you have been trying for over 12 months.

Hugs
xxx

FloridaWife said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I hope that you will be able to make a MAJOR UPDATE to your blog soon!!!