Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 3 September 2007

Double figures

Well I passed the 100 day milestone over the weekend (I know it is not really a 'milestone', but somehow in my head it means something). Depending on what you read I am either in my third trimester or a couple of weeks off it. I am noticing the pregnancy a lot more now. It really impacts my daily life, well.. daily.

I have a little trouble walking fast, I used to get so frustrated by 'slow' walkers, not I waddle behind with the 'oldies'! I am also rather uncomfortable sitting for too long or lying down for too long, but tire easily walking or standing, so I am constantly changing what I am doing to best find comfort.

I don't know if 26 weeks is too early to start nesting, but I had last Friday off work and about 3p.m. I realised that I was on my hands and knees scrubbing my skirting boards. I had also done 2 loads of washing, hand washing, scrubbed the kitchen and made the house generally sparkle. It might be nesting, or maybe I just realised that house chores needed to be done and we had a busy weekend on so Friday was my only chance to do it.

I am also overly emotional. After cleaning on Friday I sat down to read and had to stop because I kept bursting into tears. Admittedly it was a very sad part in the book, but I was sobbing, not just having a quiet tear in my eye. Also I get very emotional (translate to: cry) whenever I read baby or pregnancy books. Just the thought of how tough or beautiful having a baby in the house will be makes me cry.

Also I went to church yesterday with my husband's family and nearly cried about 5 times during mass (and it isn't even my religion!!).

I had my 26 week check up on the weekend and it all went well except, despite drinking my lovely green sugar drink, I didn't get my diabetes test because the midwifes couldn't find any veins and pathology was closed on the weekend. So I have to drink heaps of water and go back tomorrow. It was kind of good because late Friday night I decided I was sick of being 'good' and considering the baby before I put anything near my mouth and asked my husband to make a double chocolate pudding. It was lovely but may well have upset the blood test.

26 weeks

No comments: