Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Friday 22 June 2007

Our first purchases

I am very excited. My lounge room sort of looks like a baby department store at the moment. We didn’t really intend on buying a lot early on in the pregnancy, I wanted to take my time and shop around to try to find the best for our baby and the best value for our wallets. However, we happened to stumble across a catalogue advertising a cot that we liked for 50% off. How could we refuse I ask you?

So I called the store last week and got it put on hold and then we attempted to go after work and pick it up. This all worked well up to the point that we paid for the cot (and mattress) and then tried to put in into the car. These lovely young boys from the store, along with my husband, tried very, very hard to get the flat packed cot into our (standard sized) car to no avail.

Luckily my father-in-law had as a big 4-wheel drive and was able to help out over the weekend by driving over and being our delivery service. The best part was seeing his face when he saw the cot. He knew what it was he was coming over to help us with, but still I think it hit him that he is going to be a grandpa when he saw the cot (box).

Then, early this week, my husband called me during work hours and it didn’t sound like he was in his office. He wouldn’t initially tell me where he was, but eventually fessed-up that he had taken a break from his desk to visit ‘Baby Bunting’. Too cute!

Anyway, he had seen a pram in one of my pregnancy magazines and I think he fell in love with it. So of course when he saw that the store had an offer that if you buy the pram, you get the baby bassinet attachment free, he naturally couldn’t resit.

So now my ‘just right for two’ sized apartment is filled with boxes of baby goods. I know we will have to find space for then eventually (well in the next 5 months) anyway, but I thought I might be able to have an uncluttered home space for a while longer.

Still it is so cute to look at all the baby goods!


15 weeks 5 days

1 comment:

Alison said...

That must be the second most exciting thing to having a baby, buying baby stuff; 1st being the baby :)