Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Thursday 7 June 2007

Buddha belly

It seems sometime this week my belly has grown. All of a sudden, people have started feeling like they have permission to rub my belly, as though it is not a part of me, merely where my baby is living.

I don’t really mind. It might be different when I get bigger and strangers feel the need, but the ladies at work just mean to make a fuss of ‘us’.

This coincides with another event, I purchased my first maternity top! My normal tops are starting to get a little short at the bottom and my boobs are busting out of my b-cup designed tops. I did want to hold off a little longer than this, week 14 sounds quite early to buy new clothes, but I needed something to wear out last night, so thought I’d treat myself.

4 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Week 14's not too early. I've been in maternity pants for a few weeks now and I'm only on Week 15. Waaaaay more comfortable!

twirl said...

Buy the clothes! I'm all for comfort (plus, when I made the switch, I found that I looked better and felt better about how I looked)

Melissa said...

Thanks for reading my blog & the congratulations! I am still anxiously awaiting the results of my 2nd blood test... I can't wait until I get to the stage of needing maternity wear! Congratulations on your little one, too!

Brenda said...

Get yourself some maternity clothes. You will get them and wonder why you did not get them earlier!
I felt so much better once I had them. I was in mine at 12 weeks. Maternity bra and all. Oh god a maternity bra is so good when your pg!

After 6 IVF cycles i didn't care who touched my tum. It was there for all to see. And trust me, it was there. lol

Hugs
xxx