Making the decision to have a child is momentous… it is to decide forever to have your heart walking around outside your body.

Monday 25 June 2007

Bloody pregnancy

I only just got into work now because I have had a horrible blood nose all morning – at one point I wondered if it is possible to bleed to death from a blood nose! I hear that blood noses are a normal pregnancy thing because of having so much extra blood and estrogens. It still sucks though, I have never had one before and it is horrible.

I kept having to change tissues every 30 seconds or so because I would fill them up so quickly. And now I can’t stop smelling blood but I am too scared to blow my nose.

I had to stay home until 9.00 and then it was down to a trickle (after well over an hour of steady blood flow) and then looked like a diseased leaper on the tram because I was holding a bloodied tissue to my nose for the whole trip!

Anyway… the joys!

16 weeks today!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Happy 16 weeks!!!!!

Yes the nose bleeds are just wonderful. And very common. In fact any bleeding i did when pg was big and over the top. Try not to cut yourself with a razor when shaving. lol

Hugs
xxx